Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Introduction

My name is Michaelene Kasper, and I teach Language Arts to fourth graders in a small town in Texas. I first learned about Whole Brain Teaching (WBT) in August this year, just a couple of days before my students returned to school. I was immediately hooked! I'm not sure what to expect as I embark on this journey, but I know what I want to happen.  I want my students to learn joyously. I want them to look forward to coming to school each day because they can't wait to come to my class. As Coach B so aptly states, I want to be in Teacher Heaven! This is where I will write to record and discover what I am learning about becoming a WBT teacher. I invite you to join me, to observe me, to coach me, to comment on my successes and challenges, and to cheer me on!  My thanks to all the wonderful teachers at WholeBrainTeaching.com, but especially to the insightful genius professor, Coach B, for sharing his passion for WBT.  

1 comment:

  1. So excited to find your blog. I have been trying to find someone who teaches ELA and has two classes as well. Do you guys use CScope by chance? Like I posted earlier, I teach 3rd and leave in Canyon near Amarillo. I really want to pick your brain about how this looks in your class. :) and cheer you along.

    ReplyDelete